Smart, Hard-Working, Passionate, Quirky Seeks Same
We know 2010 will be another fast-paced year filled with new and exciting opportunities for the Bateman Group. January was a growth month for the firm and February is forecast to be one of our busiest on record. In order to maintain our superior service levels (and some semblance of sanity), we need to expand our team. We’re seeking exceptional candidates to come in and interview for both Associate and Senior Associate positions at the firm immediately.
Here’s the skinny…
Our base salaries are extremely competitive (but vary based on experience) and our benefits package is considered second to none. It includes 100% paid health, vision and dental insurance; 401K plan with company match; state-of-the-art technology tools including the latest laptops and iPhones; three weeks paid vacation the first year; nine paid sick days; new business referral bonuses, new employee referral bonuses, domestic partnership benefits; free monthly parking; beautifully designed office space; and a convenient location near freeway entrances and public transportation. Last, but not least, we offer a nurturing working environment that supports life/work balance like no other.
Candidates should reside in the San Francisco Bay Area with an ability to work full-time from our offices near Potrero Hill. He/she must able to set priorities and deliver results using excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate also should be accustomed to working autonomously under pressure, be extremely self motivated, proactive and deadline oriented. Furthermore, the Bateman Group looks for people who are passionate about technology, have excellent client service skills, proven experience with technology trade, business and social media, a strong team orientation, and would enjoy the opportunity to work closely with agency senior management on their own career growth. Finally, he/she must able to leave their ego at the door, but not their sense of humor.
- Providing exceptional client service, from strategies to tactics
- Creative, proactive communications and business development, including new media (podcasting, blogs, RSS feeds, etc.)
- Driving account activities, positioning ideas to managers and clients, implementing programs and presenting results as they follow
- Content development including: communications plans, press releases, corporate backgrounders, customer case studies, speaking abstracts, awards submissions, contributed articles, etc.
- Executing proactive editorial and social media/blogger influencer outreach programs
- Planning and organizing press/analyst tours and tradeshows
- General account reporting/administrative tasks
- Contributing to business development initiatives and internal training programs as requested
- Senior Associates possess 3-5 years of high-tech public relations, communications or related professional experience; Associates possess 1-3 years experience (including internships)
- Pre-existing knowledge of at least one of our four main practice areas: 1) Software for consumers, developers, and the enterprise; 2) Systems for the transport of voice and data; 3) Security of the network, desktop, device or data; and 4) Services targeting both businesses and consumers.
- Excellent organizational, communications (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Established relationships with technology trade press/analyst community as well as business press
- Prior client service experience required; new business experience preferred
- Proficiency with basic computer and PR tech applications including Cision, Lexis, Sysomos, Meltwater, CatchPole, Google Docs and News Alerts, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Additional technology prowess given priority (blogging, podcasting, RSS feeds)
- Ability to travel to and from client/new business meetings as appropriate
If this describes you, please forward a cover letter and your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re not seeking freelancers or contractors for this position – full-time candidates only, please. Individuals lacking technology experience, either agency or in-house, need not apply. No phone calls from candidates or inquiries from recruiters, please. The Bateman Group is an equal opportunity employer.