Archive for June, 2010

Dear Print Journalists: Please Don’t Abandon Me!

In this installment of our series, the New J-School, Tyler Perry makes her plea to print journalists: “Please Don’t Abandon Me” Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

Reality Buzz: What can businesses learn from American Idol?

You might think the connection between popular reality TV shows like American Idol and business strategy is fuzzy at best, and on many levels you’re right. But there’s actually a lot that businesses can learn from these programs – not … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

BP Buys “Oil Spill” Search Term from Google to Control Crisis Message

BP is damned if they do, and doubly damned if they don’t. According to Reuters, the company has apparently purchased “oil spill” and related search terms from Google and other search engine providers in an effort to drive traffic to its Gulf of Mexico response website. This SEO strategy is a clear attempt by the company to control communications around the worst oil spill in U.S. history and improve sentiment about its brand within the media. Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

The New J-School: The Emergence of Page View Journalism

Today’s post is the third in our series introduced in January on Bateman Banter called The New J-School in which we examine the evolving nature of journalism in today’s digital age. Tom Foremski, publisher of Silicon Valley Watcher, recently posted … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »