Archive for August, 2011

Lessons from the Most Interesting Summer Jobs at the Bateman Group – Part 2

In Part 1, we learned about the takeaways one could derive from working at a café, a summer camp, a haughty swim club and a Ryder Inc. rental center. Part 2 will focus on the men of the Bateman Group … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

Lessons from the Most Interesting Summer Jobs at the Bateman Group – Part 1

Recently, I stumbled upon a fun feature in AdAge on the most interesting summer jobs from big name advertising executives. Knowing the characters we have at the Bateman Group, I knew we could come up with some pretty compelling summer … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

Doing Well by Doing Good

Kathy Cripps’ recent post for the Council of Public Relations Firms blog reminded us that the Bateman Group’s pro bono work not only feels good, it also has direct benefits to our business. Our current mix of cause-based clients, three … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

Will Social Media Fatigue Kill Google+?

Now a little over a month since the launch of Google and the most buzzed about online service already has 25 million users, estimates ComScore. These stats mean Google is growing faster than Facebook and MySpace did in the early … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »

5 things Airbnb should have done, but didn’t

  Many of us have been following the situation with  Airbnb, the global network of accommodations offered by locals.  I could wax poetic about how horrifying it would be to come home to a vandalized apartment after permitting said vandal … Continue reading

Read the rest of this entry »