Bateman Group is Hiring: Account Manager/Director

Bateman Group is looking for an exceptional Account Manager or Account Director with 7-10 years of experience to work out of our San Francisco office in the City’s Potrero Hill neighborhood.

If you are…

Creative, entrepreneurial, analytical, committed to client success, fearless, passionate about technology, an exceptional writer, energetic, a team player, high integrity, compassionate, optimistic, playful.

Then we want to hear from you.

Here are just a few of the things that make Bateman Group such a unique and rewarding place to work:

  • We are proud to maintain one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry – turnover is less than 5 percent.
  • We invest in our employees to ensure their career development through outside professional training and the opportunity to work closely with senior management.
  • We strongly believe by eliminating a hierarchical structure each employee is empowered to do their best work.
  • We never take on a boring client just for the revenue.
  • In 2012, the Bateman Group was again named one of the “Best Boutique Agencies to Work for in the U.S.” by The Holmes Report.
  • There are more food trucks within a 500 yard radius of our office than any other location in the city. Seriously.
  • And we offer amazing perks!

Check out our full position description below.

Job Requirements for Account Manager/Director

  • Minimum of seven to ten years of agency or equivalent experience, including managing/directing account teams
  • In-depth knowledge of one or more client market sectors: B2B technology, consumer, green tech/sustainability and advertising technology
  • Proven ability to develop and execute highly strategic communications programs that blend PR, content marketing, social media and analytics
  • Exceptional content development skills, spanning writing and conceptual design of new media such as infographics, video, surveys, etc.
  • Strong understanding of trade media and bloggers, vertical market media, national and local business media (consumer media experience a plus)
  • Ability to travel to and from client/new business meetings as appropriate

Core Responsibilities

  • Drives high impact media and thought leadership results for clients
  • Day to day management/direction of multiple accounts independently
  • Daily supervision of Senior Associates and Associates
  • Ensures team understands and meets client business goals
  • Assists senior management in building top-performing teams by serving as an effective coach
  • Works with senior management to address/resolve personnel issues affecting team performance
  • Oversight of monthly billing process, including managing client contracts and budgets
  • Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and new business opportunities with prospects
  • Capable of researching and contributing to new business proposals; brings strong presentation skill to pitches

When it comes to customizing a dream job in PR, no other firm comes close to what we offer. If you’d value an opportunity to help us build something special, please contact us.

Leave a Reply